The Business Development Manager is responsible for developing professional relationships with new and existing customers to increase sales and market share for JAE Automation. This position will play an important role in communicating the company’s design strategy to customers, explaining technical information, within designated market segments, in order to facilitate the design of industrial automation systems and generate new sales orders.
This role can be based anywhere in Canada from a home office for those individuals who can travel when required.
We are looking for the right candidate who can…
- bring a solutions-based approach to business development and sales
- think strategically to bring JAE Automation’s design strategy to like minded customers
- identify strategic markets to expand our business
- cultivate positive working relationships with customers and our talented team at JAE Automation
- proven track record in business development and sales
- professional consultative selling skills
- perseverance and customer-focused
- strong interpersonal skills and can present technical information clearly
- strong ethics, trustworthiness and be a team player
- a “go-getter” attitude
Desired Experience Level:
- 7 to 10+ years of relevant work experience within the field of industrial automation
Relevant Technical Skills and Knowledge include:
- Manufacturing Systems
- Control Systems
- Electrical / Controls Design
- Mechanical Design
- Windows operating systems / servers
- Microsoft Office products
Responsibilities and Duties include:
Business Development and Sales
- Develops business relationships with existing customers that will generate future project opportunities and sales
- Develops and implements plans for targeted new clients to increase revenue growth, customer satisfaction and long-term loyalty
- Provides research for project opportunities and sales
- Identifies, qualifies, and maintains a sales pipeline of customer opportunities that is reviewed weekly
Customer Experience Focus
- Performs customer meetings and presentations articulating the value proposition of JAE Automation’s service offerings
- Customer interfacing to resolve issues quickly and provide on-going dialogue and clear communication
- Follows up with customers post-sales to obtain feedback, answer questions and provide support
Internal Team Support
- Provides support to the President for sales, technical advice, support, and service to customers
- Assists with quoting projects, writing specifications and customer proposals
- Stays well informed on industry changes, attends trade shows, and aligns with industry partners to gather market intelligence
English Language – fluent written and verbal communications are required.
Other language skills are an asset.
Minimum – Successful completion of a College or University Level program specializing in the following areas: industrial automation, sales and marketing, business administration or engineering.
- Travel may be required throughout Canada and on occasion to the USA
- A valid Driver’s License and Canadian Passport or B1/B2 or ESTA work visa are required
- This is a full-time position with a competitive base salary, variable pay and benefits package
- We welcome résumés from a variety of candidates. Should you require accommodation during the interview process, please notify us when you are contacted.
Résumés can be sent to: email@example.com