The Project Manager Assistant is a role that supports the Project Manager with administration, communication and coordination within JAE Automation and our customers. Reporting to the Project Manager, this position requires strong computer skills, communication skills, attention to details along with project management aptitude. Working closely with the Project Manager on assigned projects and tasks, this position provides support to Team Leads and other members of the company to provide updates on resource scheduling, project scheduling, generating reports, coordinating test schedules and assisting with project proposals.
This role is based in Kemptville, ON.
We are looking for the right candidate who is:
- agile and can manage multiple priorities/projects
- highly organized and is not afraid to ask questions
- strong interpersonal skills and can present information clearly
- working independently but also can jump into a team environment quickly
- experienced using MS Project and Gantt charts
- excels in MS Office products and generating reports
- detailed-oriented and computer-savvy
Responsibilites & Duties include:
- Supports the setup of customers and suppliers in computer systems
- Assists with the setup of projects in computer systems in concert with the Project Manager and Accounting
- Updates project schedules and work plans for new projects
- Supports the Project Manager by scheduling the review of documentation, instructions, drawings, or specifications to communicate design intent
- Supports the Project Manager by scheduling the review of project documents and final approval by the Design Manager and/or President prior to release to customer
- Schedules the setup of specialized and standard equipment to test, diagnose and analyze the performance of components, assemblies, and systems
- Schedules meetings on behalf of Project Manager with customers to capture feedback and requests and to provide project updates that include budget and scope reviews
- Supports the Project Manager to resolve issues quickly with customers and provide ongoing dialogue and clear communication
- Supports JAE staff and contractors for onsite installation to ensure safety and project goals are being met by communicating immediate concerns to the Project Manager
- Researches new technologies, new processes and methodologies as assigned
- Supports the Project Manager by providing updates and working with the Team Leads to ensure staff is being utilized and projects are meeting milestones
- Assists with updates and reports to the Project Manager to review resource planning, project scheduling, project financials and forecasting projects
Estimating and Sales Support:
- Provides technical support for sales requirements
- Supports the Project Manager, Design Manager and President and other staff members as required to provide information to prepare estimates and proposals as well
English Language – fluent written and verbal communications are required.
Other language skills are an asset.
Relevant college diploma, university degree or 3+ years of relevant work experience in project management, administration, and/or industrial automation systems.
- Travel may be required throughout Eastern Ontario and on occasion to other parts of North America including entry into the USA
- A valid Driver’s License and Canadian Passport or B1/B2 or ESTA work visa are required
- This is a full-time position with a competitive base salary, bonus pay and benefits package
- We welcome résumés from a variety of candidates. Should you require accommodation during the interview process, please notify us when you are contacted.
Résumés can be sent to: email@example.com