We believe technology should improve quality of life.
At JAE Automation, our goal is to improve quality, efficiency and competitiveness so our customers can succeed while providing better, safer jobs.
We partner with industry in our community and throughout the world providing industrial automation design/build solutions and integration services.
We are looking for career-oriented professionals to join our team with the following skills and experience:
Technical Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Controls experience using: Rockwell Automation products /Allen Bradley and/or GE (an asset)
- PLC / SCADA / HMI programming
- Control networks
- Safety Systems
- Vision Systems
- Servo Systems
- Electrical design with AutoCAD / E3 Wireworks / Electrical code knowledge
- Project start-up and commissioning
- Advanced level knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- IT server management, Factory Talk, Talk View SE, Transaction Manager, Historian
Responsibilities and Duties:
- PLC programming, HMI design, SCADA design, electrical design, motion programming, vision programming, robotic programming and communication design
- Design, develop and test electrical equipment and systems, industrial process control systems and computer systems and networks
- Set up and operate specialized and standard equipment to test, diagnose and analyze the performance of electrical and electronic components, assemblies and systems
- Commissioning and troubleshooting/testing/debug
- Coordinate complex application features systems and technical designs
- Provides technical support to project team members
- Provides support to Controls Manager in project planning and scheduling, cost estimating and monitoring and quality review
- Project documentation: assist with quoting projects, writing specifications, schedules and technical reports
- Client interfacing to resolve issues quickly and provide on-going dialogue and clear communication
- Complete project deadlines on time and on budget
- Engineering or Technologist Graduate
- This role would be for someone with 7 – 10+ years of work experience.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong written communication skills
- Creative Thinker
- Decision Making
- Flexible work hours with the occasional “on-call” status is required
- Travel is required throughout Eastern Ontario and on occasion to other parts of North America including entry into the USA
- A valid Driver’s License and Canadian Passport or B1/B2 or ESTA work visa are required
- English language skills are essential
- French and other languages are assets
- This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and benefits package
- We welcome résumés from a variety of candidates. Should you require accommodation during the interview process, please notify us when you are contacted.
Résumés can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org