We believe technology should improve quality of life.
At JAE Automation, our goal is to improve quality, efficiency and competitiveness so our customers can succeed while providing better, safer jobs.
We partner with industry in our community and throughout the world providing industrial automation design/build solutions and integration services.
SENIOR MECHANICAL DESIGNER
Our corporate culture requires an energetic, self-motivated and industrious individual to deliver quality services to our clients. We are looking for experienced candidates with a wide technical skill set to meet current client requirements. The successful candidate will be responsible for detailing mechanical designs to meet our project and client needs. This position reports to the Design Manager and will work closely with the Mechanical Team Lead.
We are looking for career-oriented professionals to join our team with the following skills and experience:
- Configure designs to order: Review client requirements and modify existing designs to produce new custom product(s)
- Create drawings and submittals for client approval
- Detail manufacturing drawings and BOMs
- Read/interpret drawings, technical specifications, and schematics
- Prepare documentation, instructions, drawings, or specifications to communicate design intent
- Provide technical expertise to team members and mentors junior and intermediate designers
- Understand and evaluate cost, performance and reliability of materials, purchased components and associated processes when incorporating them into designs
- Keep abreast of new technologies and research new processes and methodologies
- Works independently and efficiently to manage projects on-time and within budget
- 7+ years of work experience in industrial automation as a mechanical designer
- Innovative design skills with Solidworks is required
- Create 3D models from 2D concepts and drawings
- Fanuc Robot experience is an asset
- Good written and oral communication skills in English
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and mechanical aptitude
- Mechanical Engineering Diploma or Degree
- Analytical and Detailed-Oriented
- Results-focused and Efficient
- Creative Thinker
- Good Judgment
- Team Player
- Flexible work hours with the occasional “on-call” status is required
- Travel is required throughout Eastern Ontario and on occasion to other parts of North America including entry into the USA
- A valid Driver’s License and Canadian Passport or visa for the USA is required
- This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and benefits package
- We welcome résumés from a variety of candidates. Should you require accommodation during the interview process, please notify us when you are contacted.
Résumés can be sent to: email@example.com
To learn more about JAE Automation, please visit: https://www.jaeautomation.com/