We are looking for a career-oriented professional to work with the President and JAE Automation staff members on a part-time basis.
Technical Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business with significant work experience (10+ years) in finance, accounting, budgeting, tax, audit, payroll and corporate governance for small private businesses in Ontario • Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation is required • Thorough knowledge of finance, accounting, cost accounting and cost control principles, and GAAP • Proven ability to evaluate accounting systems and controls; produce analyses and forecasts • Experience in contracting and negotiations with suppliers and partners • Expert level capabilities with MS office products and QuickBooks
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Maintaining and enforcing a documented system of accounting policies and procedures • Overseeing outsourced functions of the business • Overseeing the efficient operations of the accounting function including the chart of accounts, A/P, A/R, bank reconciliations, debt payments, filing system and system of controls over accounting transactions • Overseeing the payroll and benefits function
• Developing financial strategy, including risk management plans and opportunity forecasting • High-level financial reporting and analysis • Budgeting and consolidation • Cash flow management, analysis and forecasting • Debt management and collection • Preparing company tax filings and BAS statements • Improving financial efficiencies across the business • Ensuring compliance with statutory law and financial regulations • Developing financial reviews and providing investment advice • Special reports or projects, as required
• Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills • Strong leadership skills with the ability to mentor others • Client-focused service • Analytical and detailed-oriented • Forward-thinking and able to see the big picture in financial matters • Ethical, trustworthy and a collaborative personal demeanour
• A valid Driver’s License is required • English language skills are essential • French and other languages are assets • This is a part-time position for a self-employed individual or third-party provider Résumés can be sent to: email@example.com